Women often face hard decisions, but they should not have to choose between their jobs and their families. At The Law Office of Bowman and Associates, APC, California, we know that pregnant women often face illegal pressures and discrimination at work. We believe pregnancy discrimination should not force you out of the workplace, so we fight hard to protect your rights.
Many circumstances experienced by pregnant women are illegal and actionable in court:
- Employer fails to hire because of pregnancy.
- Employer denies promotion because of pregnancy.
- Employer denies unmarried woman medical benefits for pregnancy.
- Employer demotes because of pregnancy.
- Employer fires or lays off woman because of pregnancy.
- Employer prohibits or limits employee’s maternity leave.
- Employer denies pregnancy leave to employee experiencing high-risk pregnancy.
- Employer denies or interferes with pregnancy-related disability leave.
- Employer retaliates against a woman who requests pregnancy-related leave or sick days.
Federal and state laws prevent discrimination against women. At The Law Offices of Bowman and Associates, APC, we provide you with skilled legal representation that takes into account the interplay between employment, disability discrimination, and pregnancy law. We can advise you about the California Family Rights Act and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act. We can help you understand your rights and take action to meet your goals.
More and more high-level female executives are bringing lawsuits when their employers discriminate against them, demote, or even fire them because of their pregnancies. At The Law Offices of Bowman and Associates, APC, we frequently work with high-level executives and have the capacity to assist them discreetly and effectively with their employment issues.
If you have been a victim of pregnancy discrimination, or are an employer being challenged, contact an experienced pregnancy discrimination attorney in Sacramento at the Law Office of Bowman and Associates, APC to schedule your Free Initial Consultation today.